Bridges & Structures
Engineering bridges and structures to stand the test of time
CP&Y’s Bridge and Special Structures Group (BSS), with more than 60 years of combined experience, is a proven leader in the layout and design of bridges, from small county road stream crossings to large interstate projects and tolled facilities. Our staff also has experience and expertise in the forensic evaluation and repair/rehabilitation of bridges and other structures. Additionally, we provide exceptional design and structural engineering services at facilities such as airports, water and wastewater treatment plants, and solid waste facilities.
Today we are considered experts when it comes to bridge design, structural engineering of infrastructure, and PS&E preparation of both new designs and repairs/rehabilitations for a multitude of clients. Our clients include state transportation agencies, tolling authorities, airport authorities, cities and counties.
We have a proven track record of providing timely, cost-effective, accurate and innovative engineering solutions to our clients for a wide range of different structures and facilities including:
• Routine and complex reinforced concrete and steel bridge design
• Prestressed and post tensioned concrete design
• Multi-level interchange design
• Transit and heavy railroad grade separations design
• Retaining wall design including MSE, drilled shaft, spread footing and tied-back walls
• Design of culverts, junction boxes, flap gates, signs and towers
• Inspection and forensic evaluation of bridges and structures
• Concrete pavement evaluation, repair/rehabilitation and design
• Structural design for facilities such as airports, water and wastewater treatment plants and solid waste facilities